Business Text Messaging is a type of service that allows businesses to communicate with their stakeholders. This messaging platform enhances business communications both outside the company and within the company. This platform also allows companies to create, edit, send and receive text messages solely for their business purpose.
There are many Business Text Messaging apps but you need to choose one that helps your company enhance marketing and communication strategies by allowing 1 on 1 texting on a prevalent line or also on a new dedicated number. A good business text messaging app should have 2-way conversations facility, should enable the businesses to text large groups at once and should also allow the sender to keep their own number or get a new one. There are some other features to look for in a good business text messaging app:
Features to look for in a good business text messaging app:
- Settings – It should have additional features of sending and receiving text messages from your website or an application. One with HTTP and SMPP interface is good.
- Alarm – It should have appointment reminders. This will help you reduce no-show and missed appointments with the help of SMS appointment reminder service.
- Two-Way Texting – This feature helps in web based 1 to 1 text messaging conversation tool
- Mass Texting Service – Enables you to send one or thousands SMS’s online.
- Email to Text - Send text messages from email and receive replies to email
- Outlook Text Message - Outlook text message service allows users to send and receive SMS messages from Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010 etc.
- Excel to Text Message - Send Personalized Mass SMS text messages from an Excel spreadsheet
- Text Message to Email - Receive Text and Picture Messages as an Email and Reply as a Text Message
- International SMS Service - You can send SMS messages to over 200 countries around the globe.
- WordPress Plugin - Build a mobile opt-in SMS list from WordPress blogs and send SMS notifications whenever a new post is published.
- Toll-Free Texting - Text enables your existing toll-free number without changing your voice service provider.
- Long Code Texting Numbers - SMS and MMS-enabled local virtual mobile numbers for the USA, Canada, and more than 23 countries.
- Landline Texting - Text enables your existing USA Landline number without changing your voice service provider.
- Use Your Existing Number -Give people the option to text directly with your business’s existing landline, VoIP, or toll-free number. You’ll still be able to receive calls, as usual.
- Get a New Number - Don’t want to use your current number? Instantly get a brand-new 10-digit number with your area code, just for texting.
If your Business Text Messaging App has the above-mentioned features, then you have a good app to work with. Business Texting is also better for Customer Support. Today, customers want brands and companies to have a simple mobile messaging option where they can post their queries and concerns.
- 66% of consumers either prefer mobile messaging or consider it their second choice for communications when compared to phone and email.
- 70% of consumers want to use mobile messaging for troubleshooting, and nearly two-thirds want to use it for purchases or reservations.
- 85% of Millennials and 54% of non-Millennials would pay more for a product/service that has mobile messaging support.
By getting a good business text messaging app, you can start sending business texts immediately. Choose one that can integrate seamlessly with your existing tools. The best part is that this facility does not require you to get a new number. You can send messages from your existing number or get a new one as you want.
A good business text messaging app is a powerful tool to handle support at scale and simple enough for your new customers to join in right away. A good app is also beneficial for your customer support team to provide good service. You can schedule your messages and send them later at the perfect time. You can also leave notes and annotate every conversation with useful information about the chat, which is visible only to you and your team. A good app also enables you to create templates and thus you save time from tedious copy pasting jobs. You can also reuse your frequently used templates.