Customer delight is one of the most important concepts in today’s competitive business world. Satisfying the customer is no longer enough. A satisfied customer may go to a competitor if there is a better offering. The secret to success is to surprise your customer and delight the customer. A delighted customer will be loyal to your company and will never leave you. To delight your customer, there are different strategies that you can use. One of the simplest and effective strategies is using text messaging.
Text Messaging As A strategy
Text messaging is the use of SMS to send messages for marketing purposes. A text message can be sent to customers to promote the brand, carry out marketing, and even provide service. Text messaging is a simple and easy to use strategy. You can subscribe to an SMS marketing service that allows you to send mass text messages. Once you have a database of customers, you can start sending messages easily.
The benefits Of Using Text Messaging as a Strategy are:
• Text messaging is simple and easy to use. All that is needed is a mobile phone number and messages can be sent. The recipient can view the message irrespective of the type of mobile phone. It also does not require internet connectivity.
• Text messaging is cost effective to implement. It only costs a fraction of the expenses required for other promotional strategies.
• Customers prefer receiving promotional messages through SMS. While phone calls are intrusive, an SMS is non-intrusive; customers can view the message whenever they want. Studies show that 86% customers prefer receiving marketing messages through SMS. Studies also show that 97% customers would open a message within 3 minutes of receipt.
• SMS marketing has a higher response rate. The probability of a customer opening the message is extremely high. There is also a very high possibility of customers responding to the message, which makes it a viable strategy.
For all these reasons, it is highly beneficial to use text messaging for marketing.
Using text messaging to surprise and delight customers
There are many ways in which text messaging can be used to surprise your customers and ensure they are delighted. Some of these ways are listed below:
1. Surprise customers through exclusive offers
People love offers and other promotions that help them get products/services at a discounted price. They would be all the more happy when they get it exclusively. You can send an SMS to your customers informing them of an exclusive offer. The promotion should have something of substantial value like a sizeable discount or buy one get one free, etc. Such an offer will not only help you get sales but will help you win over customers.
2. Reward loyal customers
Loyal customers are vital for your business. Not only will they keep buying from you, but also recommend others to buy from you. It is very important that you reward loyal customers. You can offer loyalty points or other schemes so your loyal customers get something of value. Communication on these rewards can be sent through SMS. It ensures customers are updated of the loyalty points they have and the rewards they can get. This can be also used to motivate other customers to become loyal.
3. Personalize messages
The messages you send must be personalized. You need to include the name of the customer and other relevant details in the message. This makes the message more appealing. Without the name, the message looks like a mass text message.
4. Offer service over SMS
You can offer customer service over SMS. This is the best way to ensure customer delight. You can allow customers to contact you for service related issues through SMS. They can use keywords to send you messages and you can then engage with them. They should have the option to send requests for service, feedback on products, complaints, and queries through SMS. You can then engage with them and handle the service issues through SMS.
This is instant communication that will help you in keeping your customers delight. You can even allow them to book service requests through SMS. This will make things easy for them and will be appreciated. When you use SMS for customer service, you are improving your communication with them. At the same time, you are enhancing customer relations. This is the best way to keep your customers happy and delight them. Constant engagement is the key to ensuring customer delight.
You can delight your customers through effective customer service and through proper engagement. This can be easily done using text messaging. It is a simple, easy, and efficient strategy to implement. You can start using it from today and experience its benefits in your business.