The wedding is a special event in every person’s life. If you are planning to get married, then you will want all your relatives and friends to be present for the special occasion. You do that by sending them a wedding invitation. The wedding invitation is your way of letting your near and dear ones know that you are getting married and that you want them to be with you on the special day. With the advent of technology, people are no longer relying on printed invitations. It has become common for wedding invitations to be sent even through SMS or text messages.
Communication Through SMS
SMS or text messages are an easy and convenient way of reaching out to people. An SMS makes use of 160 characters to convey a message. It is sent using the mobile phone network and can be sent to anyone who has a mobile phone. It is not required that the recipient should have a smartphone or have internet connectivity. This is what makes SMS an attractive option. This is why people across the world use SMS to communicate with each other.
The benefits of using SMS for communication are:
• An SMS marketing is read by 97% of recipients within 3 minutes of receipt. This makes it ideal for sending messages.
• People check their mobile phones an average 96 times per day. This ensures your message will definitely be read.
• Most people prefer receiving text messages as they find it convenient to read and reply to messages even while doing some other work. They find it a non-intrusive form of communication.
• Sending SMS to multiple people becomes easy when texting software is used. The software can be used to send a message to multiple people. It is easy, quick, and cost-effective.
All the above benefits explain why SMS is popular even in the days of internet messaging.
Sending wedding invitation through SMS: an overview
If your wedding is coming up, then you can consider using SMS to send out invitations. The following provides a complete overview of how you can effectively use SMS to send your wedding invitations.
1) Different ways of sending invitations through SMS
There are different options you can use to send wedding invitations through SMS. They include:
• You can send an invitation by print to all the guests. You can then send the invitation by post and then send an SMS as a personal note to each of the guests. SMS messages can be personalized by including the name, address, and other details of recipients.
• You can send invitations to selected guests by post and send SMS for all the other guests. Using SMS software will allow you to send a text message blast where you can send the same message to everyone.
• Another option is to design an e-invitation and send it as an MMS messaging or multimedia message. The message you send will contain the image of the invitation.
• You can upload the invitation on a website and then send the link through SMS. Whoever presses the link will be able to view and download the invitations.
• SMS can be used as reminders to send follow-up messages. This will ensure your guests don’t forget the date and the venue.
2) Creating the SMS
You need to create wordings for your wedding invitation. You need to use the 160-character limit to ensure you compose a message that conveys your invitation message to your guests. Here are sample SMS you can use:
- We cordially invite you to our wedding ceremony. Expecting to see you with your family to bless us on this special occasion.
- We extend a hearty welcome to you at our wedding. Your presence will make our special day all the more special.
- Please join us in celebrating the union of two hearts by gracing our wedding. Would love to see you with your family to bless us.
- Please be with me as I get wedded to the man/woman of my dreams. Join us in our wedding celebrations with your family.
- We are getting married on date and time at venue. You are cordially invited to attend and bless us on this occasion.
- We are starting a new journey in life and want you to be with us. Join us on date-time at venue and let’s celebrate the occasion.
- The biggest day of our lives is on date at venue. We would like to share our happiness with you, so please make your presence felt.
In today’s digital world, people are using SMS to send wedding invitations. Using text messaging is a great way to send invitations to all your guests. It is a simple and easy way to invite people. It is a great way to show that you are environmental-friendly by saving on paper costs.