Cost-effective SMS or short message services is the most effective way of communicating with others. In fact, in this age of digital marketing, you will see many ways of advertising and communication facilities, but the best out of all is considered to be SMS.
Let’s analyze some points why they are considered the best.
1. Cost-effective:The process of sending SMS to all customers is cost-effective way especially when compared to other methods of marketing. This is the factor that makes SMS a much more affordable choice for business compared to any other channel.
2. Mobile friendly:The most essential characteristic of service nowadays is mobile-friendliness. Any service or link when sent to the mobile will effectively reach the right person. Mobile marketing has now been recognized as a big part of any business. People trust mobile much more than any other digital method since the link is being opened always.
3. Reaching wide demography:you can easily widen the demography of your customers easily with the help of a mobile. In fact, buyers are exposed to various kinds of digital marketing and they get notifications of deals, discounts at the earliest. Well, in case you want to improve your demography, take the aid of SMS marketing as they can reach people. SMS has become a part of the consumer’s life as they can reach the links through such messages.
4. Fast delivery:Text messages are very fast and it’s been observed that the receivers reach the messages within 3 minutes. But, the same is not the case of e-mails or another digital marketing system. The tendency to open an email is not that high within the receivers. Hence, SMS is the right channel of marketing.
5. Strengthens customer engagement:SMS is a type of engagement with existing customers. The customers will start feeling that they are a part of the organization and not only a next-door store where they visit regularly. Send notifications of discounts, deals, and special offers; all for the customer to feel attached and be loyal to the brand.
6. Flexible customization:Apart from customizing a deal, you can wish your loyal customer on their special days like anniversaries, birthdays, and so on. You will mix and match text messages and also fit the needs and promote your business to a great extent.
7. Customers can opt-in and out:By sending SMS to your customers, you are actually giving them a chance to opt-in or maybe opt-out. You can maximum offer them an opportunity to look at the SMS and then save for future usage. In case they decline that’s their choice, but they can forward it to their relatives and that’s an opportunity to grow in business.
There are many other reasons why SMS marketing is proved advantageous over any other marketing channel:
• Much lesser time is required for communicating; it’s regarded as the fastest way to reach a person.
• The communication history is logged automatically and you can view the old messages for corresponding. SMS will be the most accepted way to hook the customers and make them aware of the recent deals and discounts. In a way, it’s like making the customers loyal to the brand.
• This is a courteous way to send information. Personalized messages are much more preferred to general messages.
• There are provisions of Autoresponder notification. The notifications will be directly delivered to the customers.
• SMS messages can be stored as per the setting permits but the message expires as the preference. You have provisions to store the messages.
• Typing SMS is easier and error-free as there is no option for auto default. You can type error-free and there will be minimum embarrassment while sending it to the customer.
• Sending SMS is not dependant on the internet and it could be sent to a person whenever he is offline. The person on the other hand receiving the SMS is free to check whenever possible. There is no restriction on timing.
While you send SMS, there are some unique observations, and this method can stand the test of time.
• An SMS is very much ubiquitous.
• SMS are always read and never ignored.
• SMS can be easily integrated.
• SMS is always reliable.
• Most of the SMS is paid for.
• They are looked upon as versatile.
• They offer more privacy to the recipient.
A lot many business owners have used SMS for expanding their business. In fact, they are cheap and not dependent on the internet. SMS marketing is rapidly growing and it hits a record of 2.7 trillion in 2020. The application of SMS is true for marketing messages, transaction messages, and also customer support. The pandemic is accelerating the adoption of SMS marketing along with cloud communication. B2B and B2C customers make the maximum utilization of SMS marketing technique.