Guest access provisioning allows you to easily add guest accounts to your network. These accounts are mainly used to authenticate guest WiFi users for temporary access to a WiFi network managed by a Cisco Identify service. By sending guest account credentials as Text message allows guest users to gain access to the Internet quickly and keeps our campus network more secure.
How to use TXTImpact Email to text message service with Cisco Identity service engine to send guest account credentials as SMS Text message.
- Customizing SMS Text Message Notifications
- You can specify the short message service (SMS) gateway, the subject and the message of the SMS text message that will be sent to guests with their account details.
Before You Begin
- Configure the SMTP server, which is used to send e-mail to the SMS gateway to deliver the SMS text message Services.
- Configure the sponsor groups to support the SMS text notification.
You must have an TXTImpact email to text account for send messages through TXTImpact gateway. Cisco ISE sends the text messages as e-mail messages to the gateway, which are then forwarded through SMS to the specified user.
- Step 1 :Choose Administration > Web Portal Management > Settings > Sponsor > Language Template
- Step 2: Click the language for which you want to apply the policy.
- Step 3 :Click Configure SMS Text Message Notification.
- Step 4: Enter the subject of the text message in the Subject field.
- Step 5 :Enter "@text2email.net" in the address of a third-party SMS gateway in the Destination field.
- Step 6 :Enter the text body in the Layout field.
- Step 7 :Click Save.
Now you're ready to send Guest users credentials using TXTImpact email to SMS gateway