Email marketing has been pretty much a part of the marketing strategies adopted by small, medium, and large businesses. The advent of SEO, SMM, etc., couldn’t entirely remove the need for email marketing. Newsletters are just as popular even today. However, the pandemic has brought email marketing back into the limelight.
Startups, micro and small businesses with limited marketing budgets went back to email marketing to save money. Many organizations saw an increase in subscriptions and traffic from email sources during the pandemic.
Now that things are slowly getting to normal, it makes us wonder if email marketing will remain to be one of the primary strategies or if it will be replaced by other digital marketing methods.
Statista shows that there will be around 4.3 billion global email users by 2023. There is great potential for businesses (especially small and medium organizations) to reach out to a wider range of audiences through email marketing. However, businesses will have to make certain changes and adopt new technologies to revamp their email marketing techniques and increase ROI.
● AI and ML in Email MarketingArtificial intelligence and machine learning are increasingly becoming a part of every industry. Automation and ML algorithms can change the way businesses perceive email marketing. From ensuring that the emails comply with the GDPR regulations to allowing small businesses to run email marketing campaigns for a lesser cost, artificial intelligence simplifies the entire process and automates recurring tasks. High-volume email lists don’t have to be expensive or a burden for small businesses.
● Better Personalization
We can expect emails to offer more personalized content to customers and subscribers. Users are not interested in generic content that reads the same for everyone. They want something extra and useful. While we already have email software that adds the user’s name to make it seem personal, it will not be enough in the future. Companies need to segment the audience based on their behavior, preferences, demographics, etc., and create tailormade content that will appeal to them. Emails with more personalization will have a better response rate.
● Interactive EmailsAn interactive email is very much like a modern-day website with video content playing directly in the app and in-email instant messaging. Interactive emails are attractive and exciting. Furthermore, the content for these emails is curated by processing the user’s information. Users look forward to receiving such emails, which will translate to more engagement and a higher clickthrough rate. When combined with artificial intelligence, interactive emails can deliver great results for the business.
● Responsive Design and Layout
Emails are no longer read only on computers or laptops. A majority of people in the US own smartphones and spend hours on them every day. People check their social media accounts, emails, and much more directly on their phones. The emails a business sends to its audience should have a responsive design that makes them readable on any device.
Responsive design is a term used for websites, emails, and layouts that adapt to the dimensions of the device through which they are opened. Instead of the email appearing clunky or weird on the small screens of smartphones, the layout will adjust automatically to suit the screen. This enhances the customer experience.
● Storytelling and Attractive Emails
Using user-generated content to create marketing emails is just one part of the process. How a business presents the content is also important. Users are starting to feel more inclined towards informal and conversational tones that are still courteous. They don’t want to read boring emails that sound like thesis papers or news reports. Emails, especially newsletters, should tell a story and establish the character of the business. It should appear as if the users are directly conversing with a prominent person from the business.
● Email Marketing Metrics
How businesses use email marketing metrics will determine how well they use analytics to understand the target audience and increase returns. Advanced analytics using artificial intelligence will play a vital role in gathering real-time insights and processing the information to derive actionable insights. Aligning the email marketing metrics with business KPIs and other marketing strategies will help create a comprehensive marketing plan.
● Optimizing Is Still Vital for SuccessNo matter what changes a business needs to make in email marketing, one thing remains the same- optimization. If the emails are not optimized for the target audience and not tested before being sent, the results are less likely to be favorable. Also, choosing the right email marketing software and customizing it for the business requirements is essential to make the most of this marketing strategy.
TXTImpact is a leading business texting messaging and SMS marketing service provider in the US. We offer a range of text message marketing services to businesses from various industries. Our services are hassle-free and cost-effective.