Twilio VS TXTImpact Broadcast Text Message Using Short Codes
Why TXTImpact is a better choice than Twilio for broadcast Text Message Service?
- Twilio doesn’t offer platform or a hosted software to run SMS Marketing Campaigns or send text messages online. So you have to have your own server, software, a server administrator and a support technician to really manage the service.
- Twilio doesn’t offer real-time handset delivery reports, so you can’t really tell if message was delivered or not.
- Based on our reporting, on average 10% of messages get blocked by carrier due to short code messaging is blocked on recipients handset. Since we have real-time handset delivery report, we can identify failed messages due to restriction from carrier. In this scenario we’re able to route these failed messages via alternate route.
- Short Code messaging doesn’t provide 100% coverage because none of the tier1 aggregator has connections to all US carriers. We use a mixed approach to get 100% coverage, wherever we don’t have a direct carrier connection via short code, we use alternate route to get message delivered, that’s why it’s 100%.
- Twilio doesn’t support MMS. TXTImpact supports MMS messaging on Shared and Dedicated Short Code
Whether you’re looking to broadcast few hundred text messages or thousands, TXTImpact offers both economical shared short code and high throughput robust dedicated short code to meet your needs.
TXTImpact offers shared short code as low as 1.5 cents and dedicated short code @ 1 cent a message with no incoming messaging fee and just $500 monthly hosting fee for dedicated short code.
If you would like to get started with sms marketing and broadcast text message service, please feel free to contact us today.