SMS Marketing for Auto Dealerships
- Over 8 billion messages are sent every month in the US
- Reach customers in extremely cost effective and efficient way
- Customers increasingly leave their mobile number as the preferred number for you to contact them on using text message to communicate.
There are almost endless ways that auto dealers can use text messaging, some examples are:
- Car ready for pickup –”Your car is now ready for pickup, please call in at Service Reception where your keys are waiting for you”
- Routine Service reminders – “Your car is now due its service, please contact our Service Department and we will be delighted to book it in at convenient time’
- Courtesy/thank you messages – “Thank you for servicing your car at Lexus Motors, we look forward to seeing you in the Spring”
- Text to Survey, Questionnaire follow-up – “Don’t forget to complete and return our customer questionnaire in time for the prize draw on Saturday”
- Sales lead generation – “The all new 2009 A4 has arrived! Call our showroom today and we’ll deliver a brand new car to your home for you to test drive”
- Part in stock – “The parts that you ordered have now arrived, please call in at the Parts Department”
- Deferred Sale – “Your tires are probably due to be changed now. Please call Service Reception on (324)234-4293 and we will arrange a convenient time to change them”
- Newspaper ads: Dealers can enrich their newspaper ad campaigns by including wording in their ads telling the reader to text for more information and the same process is then followed as above.
- Achieve higher response rates – text messaging is 5 times more responsive than direct mail.
- Save time – time to phone 15 customers, 45 minutes approx. – time to text 15 customers, 1 minute
- Create massive impact, build customer loyalty -23% of people will show or forward a marketing message to a friend.
- Easy to set up – no software downloads, only requirement is an Internet connection